Here’s the thing.
I’m really busy.
So, when I read on twitter about this year’s Blogathon where you post everyday for a month, I was skeptical. This month I will do many things, some of which include:
- Attend my last classes, study and take my last exams, procrastinate on my last papers, and stress about my grades for the last time.
- Then I will graduate from college.
- I will move out of my apartment and…..drum roll…. back into my Mom’s house!!!
- I will search for jobs, and hope that I’ll find something challenging, socially progressive, and meaningful – that I happen to be good at.
- I will learn what it’s like to be in a long-distance normal relationship. (For the first time in 4 years.)
- Maybe I’ll even stop living like a college student (i.e. eat foods that cost more than $0.80 per serving, drink only on weekends less, have an income, have a vacuum, and exercise.)
On top of my busy schedule of turning my whole life upside down, this blog is usually reserved for environment-related thoughts. How will that work? How am I supposed to write about the environment everyday for a month?
But then, when I thought about it, I realized that, A. it might be really cool to have a record of all those things and, B. how could I worry about writing about the environment for a month when I want to write about the environment for a living?
So here I am.
These posts may end up being a little more on the “personal side” of the blogging spectrum than you’re used to if you’re a Welcome to the Good Life regular (I’m not sure if those exist). But I’m pretty sure I’ll work in “being green” somehow because, well, it’s really important to me.
Anyway, it’s 8:59 in the morning and I literally just heard a loud, “WA-HOOOO!!” from outside of my window. Why, you ask?
Today is the Mifflin Street Block Party in Madison. It’s where everyone wakes up at 7 a.m. to start drinking, makes their way to Mifflin Street, and then…. no one really knows from there. Since I traveled so much this semester, I’m excited to just be in town for an “I go to college at Madison” type event. I know, I’m running a little late, but the taste of toothpaste and Bud Light don’t go well together, so I’m holding off for a while.
So yeah, that’s the deal. I am excited about this challenge, and I am excited to see how I feel about life when June 1 rolls around and it’s all different.
Happy Saturday and stop back tomorrow!
Oh, and here’s the list of the other bloggers who are participating. Check em out! (Or, type #Blog2010 into the search on Twitter).