There’s one week left of school (finals week), and then I will load up the car and move out of Madison.
This means that I’m wearing nothing but dirty laundry, I haven’t eaten any raw produce in I can’t remember how long, I never sleep (because during the week I’m studying and on the weekend I’m partying), and the only exercise I get is walking to class. Life is kind of pathetic in a hardcore kind of way.
Well, or just pathetic.
Tonight on the way home from studying (yes, it’s Saturday) Adi and I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for her next baking miracle (check out her blog!) and we each bought an apple. It was awesome.
On the way home, we made a list of simple pleasures- the kind that you never really know how great they are until you go to college.
Enjoy, and then add some of your own.
- Sit down restaurants
- The first day that’s 40 degrees after winter and people are so excited they wear shorts
- The smell of the apartment when someone cooks or bakes
- An unexpected ‘A’
- Care packages
- Free beer
- Free anything
- Seeing puppies and babies
- Meeting boys in class, not at bars
- The first outdoor farmers’ market of the season
- Birthday shots
- The decision to be done working for the night
- Changing into pajamas after walking home from class on a rainy day
- Going back to bed after an early morning lecture
- Non-cumulative finals
- A lecture that applies to your life, not just the class
- Sitting on Bascom
- Clean sheets
- Nights out that end up being unexpectedly wild
- Girly music
- Eating dinner on the roof
- Thanksgiving break
- Good haircuts
- Das Boot
- Going somewhere that is not in walking distance
- Halloween costumes
- Class-is-canceled emails
- The times that studying is “nice”
- Appreciating that Madison is actually really pretty
- Margarita nights
- Your first apartment when you don’t have to wear flip-flops in the shower like at the dorms
- Game days when everyone on State Street is wearing red
- Free Chipotle on Halloween
- Parents in town = free dinner
- Discovering an awesome new song
- The walk home from your last final
- Finding a new study spot
- Cleverly-titled wireless >>>>
- A stocked pantry after grocery shopping
- Lighting candles
- Someone telling you that you look skinny/pretty/something other than tired
- Playing flip cup at bars
- Ice cream on the first warm day
- Texts from last night, stumble upon, facebook
46. Eating apples.