You may have noticed by now that I didn’t make it through my month of consecutive writing.
I’m disappointed that I didn’t make it, but life has been doing crazy things to me lately, and keeping up with the blog proved to be too tough during this time. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
1. On Sunday, May 16 I graduated from college and moved home.
2. That Wednesday I went to LA for the week to celebrate my sister’s graduation and wedding shower.
3. I returned to Minneapolis on the following Sunday, May 22 and decided to move back to Madison to find a job, try out financial independence, and explore Wisconsin’s beautiful outdoors on the weekends.
4. Last week I looked for jobs and tied some loose ends with school things.
5. Friday, May 28 I went to Ontonagon, MI to explore a teeny-tiny bit of the shores of Lake Superior and Porcupine Mountains.
6. Today (Wednesday, June 2) I sit on my bed in my apartment JOB SEARCHING!
Given recent (and unexpected) changes in my life, I think a new angle for this blog is in order. While I would love my dream of environmental communications to come true, I recognize that this is currently: a. incredibly vague, and b. likely unavailable given my, er…. limited, career history.
So instead, the focus of this space will be to provide insight on how a broke, young, semi-inexperienced environmentalist will attempt to pay the bills and better the environment in the process, whether I work for a directly environmental cause or not.
My current cause: job searching.